- HealthWest has been working on economic inclusion for health since 2017. The work has included the development of the Standards for Workforce Mutuality, Community Conversations report, and our most recent project Recruiting for Diversity (currently at data analysis stage).
- We are now at the stage of being able to support some member organisations the opportunity to improve diversity, inclusion and mutuality in their workforce through the Workforce Mutuality Accelerator project.
Workforce Mutuality Accelerator project
Expressions of interest are now open
HealthWest Partnership is offering HealthWest member organisations the opportunity to participate in a range of funded activities designed to support organisations wanting to improve diversity, inclusion and mutuality in their workforce.
Why are we offering this?
HealthWest Partnership has been working together with partner organisations to improve workforce diversity, inclusion and mutuality since 2016. HealthWest members understand the importance of having a diverse workforce which reflects the community it seeks to reach.
- Evidence demonstrates diverse and inclusive workplaces are more effective, innovative, efficient and have greater employee satisfaction.
- Organisations with greater workforce mutuality are more accessible and better able to respond to the diverse needs of the communities they seek to reach.
- By improving workforce diversity across the HealthWest catchment we can collectively improve employment and social outcomes in the region.
As a partnership we remain committed to improving diversity, inclusion and mutuality across the sector to improve health, employment and social outcomes. The Workforce Mutuality Accelerator project is designed to support organisations who share this commitment.
What are the options?
Members can choose one or more of the following options. Each option is fully funded by HealthWest Partnership and is valued up to $20,000:
- Option 1: Collect baseline data about the diversity of your workforce and your workforce mutuality using the Diversity Atlas
- Option 2: Participate in leader coaching with MindTribes to build a culture of inclusion
- Option 3: Work collaboratively with community members to design and test new/alternate recruitment strategies
- Option 4: Nominate an initiative up to $20,000 in value that would support your organisation in your journey
Find out more workforce mutuality accelerator options
Who is eligible?
HealthWest member organisations are welcome to apply. Please check if your organisation is a member here. Organisations must be able to implement the funded activities by 31 May 2022. While each option in the Workforce Mutuality Accelerator project is fully funded, organisations will need to have staff that can dedicate their time to implementation.
What is the application process?
Expressions of Interest close by 5pm on Monday 1 November 2021. HealthWest staff will then discuss suitability of the option with your nominated contact and may request further information to assist in the selection process. Successful participants will be announced in early December.
Send us your expression of interest [External link to our Nationbuilder site]