HealthWest works collaboratively with member organisations and key stakeholders to:
- Enhance integration and pathways of care
- Improve access and equity for marginalised groups
- Embed service coordination tools, principles and practices
- Training and support
- HealthWest promotes the use of service coordination principles and practice, including the use of Service Coordination Tool & Templates (SCTT).
- HealthWest promotes the use of secure electronic communication systems which support effective service coordination.
- Self-Management Network
- HealthWest supports a network for health professionals to share self-management practices, innovations, network and collaborate.
- Western Intake Network Group (WING)
- HealthWest supports a professional network meeting for workers from intake and access services across Melbourne’s west.
- Service Coordination Survey (2015)
- Every two years HealthWest supports the Department of Health & Human Services to conduct a survey of Service Coordination practice amongst our member agencies. The aim is to support continuous improvement and identify emerging needs amongst member agencies. (See 2013 survey here).
- Assessment of Chronic Illness Care (ACIC) Survey (2014)
- Every two years HealthWest supports the Department of Health & Human Services to conduct a survey of Chronic Illness Care practice amongst our member agencies. The aim is to support continuous improvement and identify emerging needs amongst member agencies.
- Course in Service Coordination
- In 2013-2014 HealthWest formed a partnership with Victoria University, Western Health, Macedon Ranges and North Western Melbourne Medicare Local and South West Melbourne Medicare Local to deliver an accredited three month Course in Service Coordination to a range of staff in health and community services in the west.
- Self-management quick guide for health professionals
- This tool is a quick guide to behaviour change based on the Transtheoretical Model.
- Self-management practice reflective tool for clinicians
- This self-administered survey for clinicians is used to reflect on their skills and knowledge of self-management in their daily practice.
- Child and Youth Pathways Package
- This package includes referral pathways, maps of services and relevant training information in the Wyndham & Melton areas.
Tanya Sofra, Systems Integration Manager
Phone 9248 9659 or firstname.lastname@example.org