The Our3021 project aims to engage and strengthen the community by encouraging participation in decisions that impacts on health and wellbeing, at both an individual and a neighbourhood level. Our3021 takes a strengthen-based approach to improve the social inclusion of those who live in the Brimbank area. Our3021 supports those who want to create a project within their community and need support to turn their ideas into actions.
Our 3021 aims to improve health outcomes for residents by encouraging them to make a positive change in their community. This is a four year project (2013-17) involving interaction and partnership between HealthWest Partnership, IPC Health, cohealth and Brimbank City Council.
During this project, community members identify small scale projects that would benefit their community. They are supported with training, technical assistance, partnership opportunities and a small amount of seed funding to transform their ideas into actions. Our3021 enables individuals to recognise their potential and create stronger empowered communities in Melbourne’s West.
View the Our3021 Case studies here.
View the Our3021 video on YouTube.
View the Our3021 Digital Poster for the 15th World Congress on public health:
500 community members were engaged over the course of 2013-2017
- 150 community members were involved within the ten projects implanted during 2014-2015
- 100 conversations with community members to discuss project ideas
- 28 expressions of interests from individuals and groups from various demographics
- 6 project management training courses conducted in 2014-2015
- 20 project ideas have been approved, including a breakfast program for primary school students, computer literacy class for Chin women and the resident-led consultations on the Albans Main Rd Grade Separation
The summary evaluation reports from the first years of the Our3021 project are now available.
The reports provide an overview of the process, community projects, actions taken and recommendations made during the project.
The 2014-2015 Summary Evaluation Report can be found here.
The 2015-2016 Summary Evaluation Report can be found here.
The Summary Qualitative Evaluation Report can be found here.
Our 3021 Partner Organisations
IPC Health is an amalgamation of Brimbank, Westgate and Wyndham community health services, and is the largest provider of community health service in the Western Metropolitan Region.
cohealth is one of the largest community health organisations in Australia. They provide quality service across mental health, oral health, family violence, alcohol and other drugs, aged care and medical and integrated health services.
Brimbank City Council was formed following the amalgamation of the former cities of Keilor and Sunshine. Brimbank is the second largest municipality in Melbourne and the largest in the Western Region.
- To stay up to date about Our3021, please like our Facebook page.
- For more information about the current community projects, please visit the Our3021 page.
Community Strengthening Coordinator
Phone 9248 9662 or email Helen.Scudamore@healthwest.org.au