What Are Primary Care Partnerships?
- Established by the Victorian Government, HealthWest is one of 28 primary care partnerships (PCP) throughout Victoria.
- PCPs are a network of local health and human service organisations working together to improve the health system and the health of Victorian communities.
What Does HealthWest Do?
- HealthWest brings together 53 health care providers, community organisations and local councils in a voluntary partnership.
- The partnership is committed to supporting an integrated approach to strengthening our local communities’ health and wellbeing.
The following principles will guide the work and decision making of the partnership:
- Equity – The partnership will focus on the social determinants of health and structural inequities within the health and human service systems.
- Action for impact – The partnership will take action where the evidence suggests we can deliver the greatest public benefit and sustainability.
- ‘We’ not ‘I’– The partnership will work with community to improve public health systems and health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Value add – The partnership will focus on the gaps and opportunities where we can add value to the work of others and address inequities.
- Continuous learning & improvement – The partnership will apply improvement cycles to strengthen the system and inform future practice.