Promoting service coordination is a key function of Primary Care Partnerships. Service coordination places consumers at the centre of service delivery. Service coordination enables organisations to provide a seamless and integrated response for consumers. HealthWest promotes the use of service coordination principles and practice, including integrated chronic disease management, by promoting resources, training and support to member agencies.
Training and tools
- Principles of Service Coordination
- Service Coordination Online Learning Module
- This is an e-learning tool to support service coordination practice. Organisations are encouraged to include this module into their staff orientation.
- Service Coordination Continuous Improvement Framework
- This tool is designed to assist agencies to implement service coordination.
- Service Coordination Tool Templates (SCTT)
- SCTT is a suite of templates developed to facilitate Service Coordination practice.
- SCTT Online Learning Module
- This is an e-learning tool to support the use of SCTT. Organisations are encouraged to include this module into their staff orientation.
Integrated Chronic Disease Management
- The Chronic Care Model
- The model summarises the basic elements for improving care in health systems at the community, organization, practice and patient levels.
- Chronic Care – Training Needs Analysis Toolkit (CC-TNA Toolkit)
- This toolkit helps to assess the training needs for clinicians working with clients who have chronic disease.
- Chronic Disease Management Clearinghouse
- This is a resource to support the work of all providers of integrated chronic disease management programs and initiatives.