The Self-Management Network provides opportunities for health professionals to share self-management practices and innovations, network, collaborate and share relevant service information. The network is based on the Wagner Model of Chronic Care. Please read evaluations from 2015 and 2016 for more information about the network.
Mental health will be an ongoing theme for the meetings in 2017. Each meeting will build on the learnings from the previous meeting/s.
Meetings are held three times a year on Mondays 9.30am-12.30pm at a central location. Meetings for 2017 will focus on mental health:
- 1st May (Footscray) – Part 1: Service systems for mental health and dual diagnosis
- 7th August (Kensington) – Part 2: Models of care and the self-management approach
- 13th November (Coburg) – Part 3: Interactive case studies
Registration is via the HealthWest events page. Please email email@example.com to be added to the distribution list for updates.
Who Can Attend?
Any clinician or manager interested in developing skills and knowledge of the self-management approach, working in a health and community organisations in the west and inner north west of Melbourne.
Why Come Along?
- Network with other health professionals interested in self-management approaches
- Share practices, innovations and tips
- Participate in professional development.
The meetings are coordinated and facilitated by a working group which is supported by HealthWest and Inner North West Primary Care Partnerships. See Terms of Reference.
Tanya Sofra, HealthWest, Ph: 9248 9659, Tanya.Sofra@healthwest.org.au
Emily Buchanan, Inner North West PCP, Ph: 9389 2263 or 0410 22 8 721, EmilyB@inwpcp.org.au