connectwest is a membership-based network aimed at enabling the connections and collaboration of community groups, leaders and volunteers in Melbourne’s western suburbs.
connectwest is led by a group of community members from various groups across
Melbourne western region.
connectwest aims to support community leaders from various backgrounds, trainings and special interest areas. Mainly by addressing the identified gaps of networking, information sharing and training.
connectwest wants to help make it easy to connect and build relationships. Come to one of our events or join our mailing list to find out how you and your community group can benefit.
connectwest aims to connect, promote and advocate for community leaders, volunteers, health champions and leadership program graduates.
connectwest recognises all leaders. Those that have gone through formal leadership, governance or champion programs and people active in their community.
connectwest is based in Melbourne Victorias western region.
Including the suburbs of Maribyrnong, Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Melton and Wyndham. We welcome anyone who works, learns or lives in these areas and are happy to talk with others outside the region if our values align.
We welcome anyone who works, learns or lives in these areas and are happy to talk with others outside the region if our values align.
Increase connection, collaboration and shared learning between community leadership programs.
- Events to support community leadership – such as networking events or learning and development opportunities.
- Activites to add value to existing community leadership development programs.
- Explore and strengthen post leadership program space.
To think, do and act towards the support of community leaders.
- connectwest will host an expo of community groups and services in Melbourne’s West – 14th April
- connectwest has just formally launched – on 30th November 2017
- connectwest is working on an online directory and resource. That will be developed to help all community groups, volunteers and leaders in the western suburbs
- The group will continue to meet to plan future events and resources
- Join our mailing list for updates
More Information and Background
connectwest has emerged from the Community Leadership in the West project. This project used a co-design process to let people come and work together in the design, development and implementation of what they wanted to see in the area.
connectwest is the result. A group to help fill the gaps identified by community leaders in Melbourne’s western suburbs.
You can read more about the history and community consultation of the project here.
All aimed at improving the networking and knowledge sharing of community leadership and health champions in the western region!
For more information please contact:
Community Strengthening Coordinator
T: 03 9248 9662