The prevention work at HealthWest focuses on creating health rather than just treating illness. Partnering with agencies including local government, community health centres and women’s health agencies, we work to create health by working with community members where they live, work and play. To support our goal of improving the health and wellbeing of communities in Melbourne’s west, we aim to:
- support communities to understand and take control over their health
- work together with our partners to create a strong system of preventative health
- increase opportunities for community members to be involved in planning and implementing our work
- undertaking planned and targeted action to reduce inequity in Melbourne’s west.
2013 – 17 Projects
- Our 3021
- Prevention of Violence Against Women
- Problem Gambling
- Community Participation
- Health Literacy
Western Region Prevention System Map
The Western Region Prevention System Map describes the prevention system across the western region. It outlines the roles, responsibilities and connections of the organisations that work within the system, as well as describing the role that community members have in promoting health.
The Map has been developed in collaboration with a range of organisations across the West and can be used as an orientation tool and a framework for planning.
Download the digital version. For more information or for a hard copy, please contact Dimity Gannon, Prevention & Advocacy Coordinator.
Regional Health Promotion Mentoring Program Evaluation Report
In June 2014, HealthWest, in partnership with Hume Whittlesea PCP, Inner North West PCP and North East PCP, established the North and West Regional IHP Mentoring Program which sought to provide mentoring support for health promotion professionals early in their careers.
In February 2015, a mid-point evaluation was undertaken with results indicating a high level of satisfaction with the program and positive impacts on workforce and career development.
View the report.
- Increasing access to needles, syringes and Opioid Replacement Therapies
- Food Security
- Alcohol & Other Drug Issues in the West
Gail O’Donnell, Executive Officer
9248 9665 or email@example.com