HealthWest Partnership brings together partners across Melbourne’s west under the Prevention Taskforce. Made up of local governments, community health, women’s health and others, the role of the Taskforce is in:
- Optimising primary prevention resources in the west
- Developing shared evaluation practices
- Coordinating joint activity
- Providing leadership and expertise on primary prevention in the west.
In 2017, our prevention partners identified social inclusion (a determinant of mental health) as a shared priority area.
Scoping has identified the following opportunities for joint work:
- Advocacy: about our work, as well as how we advocate with and for our communities
- Systems change and partnership work: how we affect the determinants of social inclusion by understanding what we can and what we need to change
- Sharing resources: share and identify meaningful resources
- Identify gaps: including how we identify and engage hard to reach communities
- Monitoring and evaluation: identifying measures, indicators and tools to support this process.
Anna Vu, Prevention Manager
9248 9659 or firstname.lastname@example.org