HealthWest Partnership brings together partners across Melbourne’s west under the Prevention Taskforce. Made up of local governments, community health, women’s health and others, the role of the Taskforce is in:
- Optimising primary prevention resources in the west
- Developing shared evaluation practices
- Coordinating joint activity
- Providing leadership and expertise on primary prevention in the west.
In 2018, Prevention Taskforce members, along with our colleagues in Melbourne’s inner north west, scoped social inclusion as a shared priority.
Partners identified the following opportunities for joint work:
- Advocacy: about our work, as well as how we advocate with and for our communities
- Systems change and partnership work: how we affect the determinants of social inclusion by understanding what we can and what we need to change
- Sharing resources: share and identify meaningful resources
- Identify gaps: including how we identify and engage hard to reach communities
- Monitoring and evaluation: identifying measures, indicators and tools to support this process.
Sign up to the Social Inclusion Distribution List to stay informed of the work that HealthWest Partnership and Inner North West Primary Care Partnership are doing with our partners on social inclusion.
Anna Vu, Prevention Manager
email@example.com; (03) 9248 9659