The Health Promotion Practitioners Network (previously the North and West Health Promotion Community of Practice) is an initiative by the four Primary Care Partnerships in the North West Metropolitan Region (Inner North West PCP, HealthWest Partnership, Hume Whittlesea PCP and North East PCP) to support professional development among health promotion professionals early in their career.
Our next event?
TBA – March 2018
See you all in 2018 – safe and happy holidays.
Our last event
Professional Development Event: Self-Promotion
Learn how to present yourself as a health promotion professional. This event will focus on how to use LinkedIn to network and promote yourself.
In November we had a unique community of practice on “How to Promote Yourself?” as a health promotion practitioner. Specifically, how to network and market yourself on LinkedIn. We had two marketing specialists guest speakers who spoke about do’s and don’ts and a professional photographer who took headshots of each of our attendants.
Webinar – Social Media Introduction
An introduction for health promotion professionals on how to optimise your social media networks to increase engagement and the impact of your work.
Webinar – Social Media Evaluation, Risks & Mistakes
How to evaluate social media efforts, manage risks and improve your social media technique in health promotion.
Health Promotion Practitioners Network (HPPN) – More Information
The Health Promotion Community of Practice is a group of people who share an interest in improving the capacity of early health promotion professionals in their field.
Who Can Attend?
Anyone can attend a Health Promotion Community of Practice event in Melbourne’s north and west, including:
- Managers, clinicians, health promotion and diversity staff from health and community organisations
- Academics, researchers and representatives from peak bodies
- Consumers actively involved with health and community organisations in the west
Why Come Along?
- Share learnings, experiences, and problem solve challenges
- Share resources and examples of good practice
- Keep up to date with current literature and research in health promotion
- Network with others interested in health promotion
Contact Helen Scudamore (details below) to find out more!
View more about HealthWest’s networks here