Why Join HealthWest?
Membership Overview and Benefits
Joining HealthWest aligns you with a broad range of organisations and agencies with which to collaborate, initiate joint projects, and advocate for change on health issues specific to our local communities’ needs.
The strength of our partnership is in the range, diversity and number of our member organisations. We welcome an even broader and stronger membership to further increase our capacity to share knowledge and work together to improve the planning, coordination and delivery of health and community services as well as strengthen the development of western Melbourne’s health and community workforce.
- Opportunities for involvement in a range of joint projects.
- Access to the membership section of HealthWest’s website.
- Subscription to a weekly HealthWest update.
- Access to the Connectingcare eReferral system through the Primary Care Partnership (PCP) subscription.
- Support for activities within the agreed partnership priorities.
- Voting rights in HealthWest Board elections.
- Participation at HealthWest Strategic Forums, Shared Priority Forums and other events.
- Advocacy activities.
- Networking opportunities.
Membership Application Overview
- Membership applications receive a decision from the HealthWest Board within two months of receipt of application.
- The Board notifies current members of the new application.
- The Board admits new members by a two-thirds majority of those Board members present at a duly constituted meeting.
An organisation wishing to become a HealthWest member must meet the following requirements: